Genesis 1:10 (NIV)
The chapter and verse, read as a number, imply 110, which is 11 x 10. Here we see the first of many correlations between the chapter and verse signifiers, or their positional value, and the ordinal value of the verse in question, an example of confluence.
10. God called the dry ground “land”, and the gathered waters he called “seas”. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:10 (o) = 803 = 11 x 73
In fact, Gen 1:10 is the first verse the NIV Bible to encode a multiple of 11. The verse incorporates the idea of duality - between land and sea - the idea of duality/difference/opposition being an important theme within the code.
Genesis 1:11 (NIV)
This is the Bible’s 11th verse, so 11 is the verse number and its positionional value within the NIV Bible and Genesis. The verse concerns, in part, trees bearing fruit, a theme that will later be shown to be related to 9/11.
11. Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.
Genesis 1:11 (o) = 1507 = 11 x 137
Genesis 5:15 (NIV)
This is part of the list of Adam’s genealogical line, given in full later. Verse 15 is shown below. I am summing the individual digits in the numeral ‘65’ here, as it they are letters, which is the usual procedure.
15. When Mahalalel had lived 65 years he became the father of Jared.
Genesis 5:15 (o) = 451 = 11 x 41
So the ordinal value of this verse is a multiple of 11. The reason I have highlighted this particular verse is because of its numbering and location:
1. The number implied by the chapter and verse is 515, the standard value of 'Jesus'.
2. This is the Bible’s 121st verse, 121 being 11 x 11 and the ordinal value of 'Second Coming'.
Genesis 9:11 (NIV)
In this numerically-significant verse, God tells Noah and his sons that he will establish his covenant with them.
11. I establish my covenant with you: never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.
|Genesis 9:11 (o)||= 1358|
|The Messiah + Second Advent (s)||= 1358|
|Second Advent of Christ (s)||= 1358|
The encoding of this verse suggests that 9/11 marked a new covenant between God and man.
Genesis 9:11 is also the Bible’s 217th verse, 217 giving the order in which the three WTC buildings fell on 9/11. As shown in The September-11 Cube, this number and its numerico-geometric properties bear the central message of the 9/11 event. In particular, it is the ordinal value of these words:
Christ’s Second Coming (o) = 217
So we have several numerical values of English phrases describing the Second Coming coinciding at chapter 9, verse 11 of the Bible’s opening book. This confluence of meaningfully related numbers is a typical feature of the code. The numbers 911 and 217 also coincide at Haggai.
Genesis 11:1-2 (NIV)
The first 11 chapters of Genesis form a self-contained section, dealing with the early history of the earth. The story of the building of the tower of Babel, a project to which God put a stop to thwart man's ambitions, is told over the first 9 verses of Genesis 11, suggesting 9/11.
Verses 1 and 2, which constitute the first paragraph of this meaningful chapter, are apparently encoded with the key numbers 11 and 5.
1. Now the whole world had one language and a common speech.
Genesis 11:1 (o) = 484 = 11 x 11 x 4
Note that there are 11 words in Genesis 11:1. We move on now to Genesis 11:2.
2. As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.
Genesis 11:2 (o) = 625 = 5 x 5 x 5 x 5
Summing both verses, we obtain a numerical value for Jesus Christ that also suggests 9/11.
|Genesis 11:1-2 (o)||= 1109|
|Lord Jesus Christ (s)||= 1109|
Genesis 11:9 is the climax of this story, with an ordinal value to match.
9. That is why it was called Babel - because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.
|Genesis 11:9 (o)||= 1443|
|Jesus Christ + Second Appearance (o)||= 1443|
Apparently the tower of Babel did, in fact, exist in what is now Iraq - although, of course, the story also has metaphorical significance, that of man’s excessive ambition thwarted by God. But the NIV account has also been encoded with numbers that would appear to allude to 911, another occasion when the ambitions of a group of men were thwarted.
This verse is found in the second part of the genealogical listing of Adam and his descendants up to Joseph. The lifespan of each male in the list is given, divided between his age before his oldest son was born and the rest of his lifespan. Verse 19 gives us the rest of Peleg's lifespan after his son Reu was born.
19. And after he became the father of Reu, Peleg lived 209 years and had other sons and daughters.
The resonance with 9/11 here is particularly impressive. Firstly, Genesis 11:19 is the Bible's 286th, which is 11 x 26. The number in the verse, 209, is 11 x 19 and it is also the only number in the second part of the list that is a multiple of 11. The name Peleg means 'division' and it was during the time of Peleg that 'the earth was divided', according to Genesis 10.25 and 1 Chron. 1.19. Finally, 1119 is the combined value of 'Jesus Christ'.
Genesis 10 and Genesis 19 (NIV)
It is in Genesis 10 that we first hear mention of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, which were destroyed by the Lord because they had given themselves over to evil. The connection between these two cities and 9/11 is established by the biblical locations of the verses in which their story is told.
1. Their first mention is in Genesis 10:19, which uses the same digits as 9/11.
2. This verse is the 254th in Genesis. 9/11 took place on the 254th day of that year and of the new millenium.
3. The two chapters in which they are mentioned are 10 and 19, again imply 9/11.
So Sodom and Gomorrah were represented by the twin towers, or New York and Washington - and just as Sodom and Gomorrah symbolised decadence in biblical times, their modern counterparts surely symbolise the decadence of western civilisation.
Genesis 22 (NIV)
This is the unsettling story of God asking Abraham to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. Abraham is about to obey God, but is then told to substitute a Ram, having satisfied God that he is a faithful servant. However, the underlying gematria gives new meaning to the tale.
Verse 13 describes the substitution of the ram. This is a metaphor for the later crucifixion of Jesus Christ. However, I believe it also refers to the destruction of the twin towers: all three events ultimately have the same meaning.
13. Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son.
|Genesis 22:13 (o)||= 1374|
|Lord Jesus Christ (c)||= 1374|
Genesis 22:13 is the Bible’s 561st verse.
561 ..........................= 11 x 51
The sacrifice of the ram foreshadowed that of Jesus Christ, but the code is saying that it also foreshadowed the destruction of the twin towers, also sacrificed in our stead. This metaphor is also employed in Daniel 8, where the strutting ram has his horns shattered by the flying goat - an extraordinary prophesy of 9/11. For more on the idea of the twin towers as 'offerings’, see 9/11: Exodus.
Genesis 31:45-46 (NIV)
This chapter tells how Laban pursued and caught up with Jacob, who had fled from him on the instruction of God and after a growing dispute between the two men. After airing their differences they agree to make a covenant, symbolised by a pillar and a heap of stones.
The pillar and the heap suggest the twin towers and the idea of duality, and again we have a covenant (see ‘Genesis 9/11’ above). Note that both the key numbers 11 and 5 are encoded here.
45. So Jacob took a stone and set it up as a pillar.
Genesis 31:45 (o) = 418 = 11 x 38
Genesis 31:45 implies the number 3145, which is a multiple of 5.
46. He said to his relatives, “Gather some stones.” So they took stones and piled them in a heap, and they ate there by the heap.
Genesis 31:46 implies the number 3146, which is a double multiple of 11.
3146 = 11 x 11 x 26
Bill Downie 23/12/05
Latest update 19/9/13